Friday, February 12, 2010

ambushed by pink

Actually, the title to this post should read....My problem with pink. Because that colour has been problematic for me for years now. I think because of it's associations with feminine stereotypes etc etc. But! I am a reformed woman. Sort of. I have been on the lookout for a sewing basket i can lug around with all i need for hand work and lo, i found it. I wasn't sure about the pink, but beggars can't be choosers and all that, it is now mine. And i love it. It does the trick nicely.

Besides, it's red inside.


The perfect size for scissors, needlecase, fabric pencil, measuring tape, pins and all the wee components to the project at hand.


In the pink too, is this retro shower curtain that came my way. It is destined to be upcycled into dirty nappy bags (you know what i mean) and swimming bags. In the meantime, it has been snagged by Jed, who loves pink.



On a fairly full skirt, this embroidered hem makes up a lot of pink. Much admired by friends passing by just on the washing line, it will be interesting to see if i can bring myself to wear it. Its a beauty but you know how some things you love are just better off on other folks?



1 comment:

  1. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

    Lucy

    http://businesseshome.net

    ReplyDelete