Monday, July 19, 2010

baby crafting

I made my first quilt (Look Deb!) from super soft vintage sheets for my friend Sheena's baby. We have been through a bit together, i lived with her when brewing this one (currently driving a rubbish truck aka upturned rocking chair next to me) and wanted to make something special for her and her beloveds. I have been wanting to make a quilt for years. It was a bit daunting, i had no idea what i was doing but made it up as i went along. (Those of who know my inability to do what i am told/follow recipes will be rolling your eyes to hear that i am sure!)
I was inspired by joining Deb from Works In Progress' Vintage sheet Freedom Bee. How lovely it is to be sharing this quilt learning journey with all those lovely ladies 'round the world. Really looking forward to making the next one.

This is what i dreamed up to welcome the beautiful Sarah's baby.

The work in progress...


...and Jed heaven with two more works in progress. He wangled an invitation to the double babyshower. 'TWO bellies mama, so beautiful, I LOVE those babies'.



1 comment:

  1. Oh that's so awesome Anissa. I wish we lived closer so we could do some stuff together! You are doing great though xxx

    ReplyDelete