Tuesday, March 29, 2011

seven days of blogging begins

So, every now and then, when i have a backlog of fun stuff, thoughts and peeks into our life to share with you, i declare a 'seven days of blogging' bonanza. This is day one. In the middle of my usual pre-market sewing frenzy Jed asked for a canoe for his rainbow gnomes. Up to my eyeballs in piles of things-to-do (where making gnome accessories did not feature), i allowed myself to be temporarily distracted. I chucked a grey woollen jumper in the machine on hot wash to felt it and dried it in full sun. I find this finishes off my cheaters felting process nicely.
I used a gnome to get my dimensions right and cut out a base and two sides. I checked all rainbow gnomes could fit and then hand sewed it together. Because felted wool doesnt need edging or finishing, i just trimmed the canoe edges at the end. It didn't take long at all and i suspect the novelty of the canoe bought me a little more peaceful crafting time.


A piece of blue velvet for the sea and they were off...

1 comment:

  1. That is so gorgeous! What a lucky boy to have a mum who can make to order - and so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete