Sunday, April 10, 2011

finding, keeping

We were headed home but eeked to a halt outside my favourite tiny church-run thrift shop. They had a sign outside. It said 50% off all stock. See, halt. Only reasonable course of action.
Disguised in an ancient jam preserve covers box were these gems. A vintage puzzle where you match the animal to it's home.
A Pooh bear and friends playmat for a small person we know.


You know, i don't have much money but i can't help but revel in how rich i am. In so many ways. I can make simple good food. I can hear the wild crashing of the surf as i go to sleep. I have special people in my life. I have lived my dreams, ridden them hard and fast actually. I know how to make cool stuff from next to nothing. I have the op shopping eye:

I need some soft stretchy sweatshirting fabric to make Jed some winter trousers, preferably sage green colour...i find it for a few dollars (then halve that). I forgot to bring handkerchiefs (big fan of those at this time of year) and find a great one freshly laundered for 50 cents (then halve that). I want polkadot fabric to create for my next Growmama market sewing spree, and thick vintage flannel sheets to upcycle into pyjama pants for everyone, and a floor cushion for meditating and, and, and...it was all there. All material needs and a few wants thrown in to spice the mix. Thank you universe.



4 comments:

  1. the universe has been pretty good to you

    ReplyDelete
  2. "You know, i don't have much money but i can't help but revel in how rich i am. In so many ways. I can make simple good food. I can hear the wild crashing of the surf as i go to sleep. I have special people in my life. I have lived my dreams, ridden them hard and fast actually."

    I love these words of yours so much. I feel exactly the same way x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are rich indeed, as long as you have your creative spirit.

    ReplyDelete