Saturday, May 14, 2011

a bunting jag

I love making bunting flags for people. They are a heirloom piece, likely to be handed down through the generations.
This set was made on commission for the lovely Tia. I consulted with her mama to make the perfect set of flags for her room. Some fabric from my stash, some from hers.


I am looking forward to seeing pictures of them up in her room.
And, it set me off on a bunting jag. Some from upcycled vintage sheets, some from other vintage fabric. I'll be listing some on trademe soon.

Many people tell me at my GrowMama market stalls about how hard it is to find 'boy' themed clothes and gear, so i have a bunch of groovy more unisex and non-pink gear coming up. Sometimes i think i have boys covered but folks still assume they are for girls...i guess i don't have the same guidelines about what boys can wear. I'll do my best.

Sew Mama Sew is hosting one of their epic Giveaways at the end of May. Check it out. I have signed up. Like the SMS folks say, May wouldn't be the same without a little giveaway. I love to give and it is a great way to meet other crafters and a pleasure to welcome new visitors to the GrowMama blog. A set of bunting flags may be my offering, so stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. I agree - bunting is a good thing, though I have only had one go at it so far... using left over Christmas stocking fabric.

    Looking forward to seeing your boy gear post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely flags. They make me want to cheer.

    ReplyDelete