Monday, June 27, 2011

solstice afternoon

What goes up...

...must come down.



Spontaneous child led learning to write...




...in sand. Then running down to the waters edge and shouting his excitement about writing his 'u', and 'j' and 'c'. I sat on the sand dune and just marvelled at the thirst for learning and the sheer joy of it all.




And just sitting in the late afternoon light. Sitting in my love for this wee man. Sitting in the beauty that surrounds us. Watching the seasons turn. The seagulls swoop. The waves crash.

Just sitting.
Not thinking about all the things i need to catch up on now i am well again. Not thinking about the upcoming photoshoot, my messy house, the sewing to do...nope, no sir.

Just sitting. (Okay, I busted myself on not being in the present a few times, managed to laugh about it and let Jed lead me astray.) Just sitting some more. Perfect.

1 comment:

  1. What a magical moment to record, and how marvellous to be able to learn about language by tracing letters in the sand. That feels both ancient and also very natural. I love the last photo.

    ReplyDelete