Friday, March 9, 2012

a renegade 'moment'

So, this is part 'this moment' - see above - a small boy with adventure backpack, wooden sword in hand, headtorch on...hurling himself through the sand dunes at sunset.

Yuss. One to remember.

And...here's where the 'moment' morphs into renegade rambles...(friday's 'this moment's are meant to be no words allowed...shhh, don't tell Amanda...see her 'this moment' post HERE and scroll down to be linked to hundreds of others)
I just about fell off my stool when i saw the date of my last blog post. I had a whole weeks of goodness lined up here for you and somehow it all sneaked by. Sigh. (Note to self: structure in blog time in the day)

I love this wee space in blog land. It's been years now. Years! I love hearing from you all about your high and lows, your offerings of wisdom and sharing your story...either in comments or by email. Mostly by email, i get you're a private sort of a crew.
I'm doing battle with the dilemma of making more money from home so i can continue to be the kind of mama i want to be. I'm looking to write more articles, get those online shops heaving, work that market, how to live life juicy and full -and i am running workshops again this year. Yehaa! It's all work from the heart, speaking out about creating a more sustainable future, about sharing life skills and stepping up.
Folks keep suggesting i put more energy into the blog, host giveaways and take sponsors and use it to link together all that i offer the world these days. I have been reticent. I make big bloggy plans but then haven't quite manifested the time to make it all happen. I want to. I do. And then i realised the delay is i am battling with my relationship with money. My self worth i guess. Blucch. Coming out of that 'life with baby/small child mindset' to that of working mama. Balance. I need to be mindful of how i juggle these pieces of my life. Also on my mind, and important to me is integrity. This here blog is from the heart and i want it to continue to be that way. I'm not sure the sponsorship route is for me, for this space but if i do...it'll be folks i support and want to promote.

I'm going to step into uncharted lands here in the next few months, i have plans - a few series, a wee blog facial, some linky goodness, community building, giveaways, and i'll try (TRY) more frequent posting...oh, good stuff...very good stuff. Such fun to dream up and hear others excited about it all too. The technical aspects of it all is terrifying me it has to be said. All the more exciting you say? Why yes!

(Oh sheesh, now i have committed myself haven't i? Gulp!)

11 comments:

  1. looks like quite an adventure. and good luck with your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, yes and yes! I kinda burnt out a few years back then with a baby/kid who needs significantly less sleep than me was content to 'rest' awhile, focus on being mama...it's time to learn the juggle and start dreaming large again.

      Delete
  2. Sounds great. But if it doesn't happen, I like your blog the way it is anyway - always an interesting and thought provoking read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww thanks mummyzilla. That means alot to me. x

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful wild and free moment, thanks for sharing.
    http://steadyfootprints.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so blessed to live here, adventures like that are just outside our door at the moment. x

      Delete
  4. Good luck with all your dreaming and scheming and making stuff! Wishing you fun and success!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shayn! So happy to see you here. I miss being your neighbour and communard. But at least now i can follow your foodie and yiddish adventures. Its a simple life here but there is room for some dreaming and scheming. And always always room for fun. Oh yes and i was hoping you to rope you in on one of the series...ahem! x

      Delete
    2. my writing muse is fickle as any, but try me!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful photo and words about your little adventurer. And good luck with your own ventures. It sounds as if you have plenty of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. perhaps my adventurer and your fairy could meet one day...yes, i have inspiration a plenty juliet...just manifesting the time to dream it all up!

      Delete