Friday, September 21, 2012

extra goodness

The latest Extracurricular magazine landed in my mailbox yesterday. Ellie, the editor, was off gallivanting in Europe (and feasting with good friends of mine in my old haunting grounds in the Pyrenees) and so, taking up the editorial helm for Issue 9 was Sonya Nagels of A Lioness You. She did a stellar job. 
Perfect to sit in the sun with a cuppa.
The theme for this one is music. I got to interview Holly from Tiny Ruins, The Terrible truths, and Steve Abel. I lead a charmed life really. If ever i figure out how to get paid for all my charms i'll have it down.
Get a sneak peek into the pages HERE. The extracurricular blog also has a list of all their stockists, get your copy, they are flying to good homes and you want to be on that list. It's good.
The illustration on the cover sort of stayed with me, and later that night, inspired this quilt top for a playmat/changing mat/baby's bed cover. Made from upcycled vintage sheets of course!
A little link love for those of you with procrastinating to do or time on your hands....
See Holly of Tiny Ruins HERE...
The Terrible Truths HERE (for a little postpunk surf with Diamond)...
and a duet of Steve Abel and Kirsten Morrell of Goldenhorse HERE. Love that video. Puppets. Reminds me of my friend Sean Samoheyl. Puppeteer, forester, father, and artist extraordinaire. You can meet the puppeteer Sean HERE and the artist Sean HERE. I miss living with you buddy.

1 comment:

  1. I love the quilt top. It is very sweet. They will love it!

    ReplyDelete