Wednesday, September 12, 2012

flapping

I can get into a bit of a bog thinking about how much there is to do. I call it a case of 'overwhelm'. Thing is, if i let it, the overwhelm can stifle any sort of creative impulse. The overwhelm is like a cloud that blocks out light and gets in the way of the magic. I can't think straight and flap around alot with not much getting done. Not good right?!
So, every day for the last week, i have been doing something that has been languishing on my to-do lists for ages. Those ones feel stink. They must be done. They ARE being done and sheesh its a good feeling.
When i downloaded the pics on my camera i found a bunch Jed had taken. This here, is me in full overwhelm mode. Flapping around at my computer procrastinating. It ain't pretty! How he managed to leave the piles out of the frame i don't know. But he summed up a moment for me and it helped me galvanise myself to move through it.
Sometimes stillness is in order, to be open to hearing a deeper wisdom, for clarity and for revelation. Sometimes i just need to keep moving.
Now is a keeping on moving sort of a time.
Very springlike. And on a sidenote, i am so looking forward to the Sew Fun Retreat this weekend. Oh my do i have plans!

6 comments:

  1. thanks for the email about the retreat, would have loved to make it but just can't get there this time, hopefully the next one and good luck with your to do list...mine is so long I don't even want to think about it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would love to share Sew Fun retreat with you Gabrielle, still eyeing up a time to meet in town with the boys too. I am doggedly having a spring clean, that includes lists!

      Delete
  2. that's an awesome photo. Seeing the photos Jed has taken has inspired me to let my kids some freedom with the camera as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read your comment out to Jed today and he just beamed. I am often in awe of what he comes up with ... it gives me a peek through his eyes too. x

      Delete
  3. I can't wait either, even though I will be sewing a wedding present not something lovely for myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yup, i will be crafting up storm toward my big upcoming market season and for my new niece. x

      Delete