Thursday, September 20, 2012

spring vintage

It's been awhile since i hit the vintage sheet bonanza at the op shop. Today was a fleeting visit and i came away with some spring floral loveliness. I came home inspired to sew. Market season fast approaching, eek!
 I have never seen anything like this one and rather fancy stashing this one to make something for myself.
 I like the icy blue floral too.
 And this showstopper of a spring dress is for one of Jed's friends. How beautiful is that print? Those colours! The detail on the back is very sweet too.
Sorry about the rabbit. Gets a little tricky taking fur free photos on the deck these days.

So, my question to you: whats your go-to, easy peasy, whip 'em up pattern for a summer dress?
I'd like to try something new.
(Failing that, i will dust off my copy of the Japanese pattern book, 'Stylish Dress book'...a classic if ever there was one. )

2 comments:

  1. I think you should use that delicious sheet for you in someway shape or form. Perhaps inside a special new spring bag that makes you smile whenever you peep inside.

    I like the oliver + s sundress. It is super easy, doesn't require huge amounts of fabric, and is super easy to personalise.

    The Chester bunny is a superb model!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE vintage sheets - I feel the need for another vintage sheet fat quarter swap coming up . . . . .

    ReplyDelete