Thursday, December 13, 2012

a gift to self

I'll let you in on a secret. Each gift giving time I give myself a gift. Yup, no disapointments then! Kidding, it is more about valueing myself and what i do. I don't get alot of that in my current occupation. It can be something simple - a bunch of roadside weeds, a picnic with a friend or sometimes, every long while, a long coveted little something.
I stumbled across this fabric in the sale bin at Spotlight purely by accident and knew it had to come home with me. That night i bought my first Colette pattern. I have been admiring Sarai Mitnick's work and had requested one of her shirt patterns for repeated birthdays to no avail. I took matters into my own hands. Usually my pattern acquiring involves me designing it, or borrowing and adapting Burda magazine patterns from the local library.
The pattern looks like it will be easy to follow (my spatial dyslexia will put that to the test!) and i love the vintage look to their work. This next week looks busy, but you can be sure i will be eyeing up the moment to get sewing. I'll let you know how it goes. xx

2 comments:

  1. Love the gift giving to yourself - :) will need to add that to my 3 days of birthday for self

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cat, 3 days of birthday...i like it! I am wondering though, how long before the little guy decides he'd like to give himself a gift too (so far, i have kept my little tradition quiet!) x

      Delete