Tuesday, November 26, 2013

artichokes


Jed bought me this artichoke plant last summer. It's taller than I am now and we counted 12 artichokes growing. I love the grey sculptural leaves and the produce. The cats and Spike the hedgehog likes the shady cave around the base of the plant. Win, win.


We picked the first two artichokes and feasted. The best food is the simplest. Fresh from the garden, lightly steamed, dipping each leaf base into olive oil and herb salt and we were in heaven.


Another first for Jed. He's never had fresh artichoke. So fun to share the magic with him. We are eyeing up the next one to be ready to pick....tomorrow I think!

1 comment:

  1. Artichokes are such fun to eat. It's quite a ritual. I learned how to do it when I was living in Paris, but hardly ever see them now.

    ReplyDelete