Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Ambushed - by a moment of happy


I have done and seen some amazing things. I have lived in a war zone and communes, seen the Northern Lights, swum with dolphins in Indonesia, and danced to dawn at festivals. These days, my adventures are of a simpler nature. I think some of the happiest times in my life have been laughing with my boy.


Right now, it’s night-time. We’ve had a slow day, with both of us not feeling too flash. We didn’t even make it to our local beach. The fire is lit. The dog is curled up next to me on the couch, the little guy has crashed out on my other side. We are all nested up in favourite blankets and I have been writing. I love writing. I have a few juicy projects on the go. I took a break to stretch and realised. I am happy. Content. It’s good for me to take a moment to digest that, revel in it. Life has thrown one curveball after another lately. So many things are in flux, I am craving stability for us. Contented moments like these are gold. Simple joys. Of feeling connected. Warm. Yup, happy. I’m just going to savour that feeling for awhile. #feelinggrateful

1 comment:

  1. Those moments are so precious - especially when life delivers curveballs. I'm glad for you Anissa, and hope you can savour it fully!

    ReplyDelete