Friday, May 12, 2017

Something I found on my dining room table


I have been thinking about starting a feature called 'Things mama's find in strange places'. Seems to me there's a book or an art exhibition in the odd things we find in strange places. 

Yup, this is what I found on our dining room table yesterday. A baby giant centipede. Found in the sand dunes earlier that day and destined for my son's natural history museum. I suppose I should count myself lucky. They can get to 25 cm long. Plus, it was dead. 

Why is it that the dining room table is like dump central? It's the processing area in our house. If I'm not onto it, the cat might have crept on there, staying out of reach of the dog. Or there could be any numbers of dirty dishes, science experiments in various states of decay and other random items. (Well, random to my thinking, when asked, the kid's involved invariably have reasonable explanations.)
Is it the same in yours? I have this ongoing challenge to keep it clear. It's a work in progress. 

No comments:

Post a Comment